Happy Autumn Equinox, everyone! The warm coffee against the crisp air, the oversized sweaters paired with big boots, the vast array of different pumpkins sitting on top of the falling leaves. I love this season so very much, so I couldn’t resist participating in a tag that helps celebrate this wonderful time of year.
➽Best autumnal themed book cover?
– Even though I didn’t love this book, I am going to have to say Uprooted by Naomi Novik! Not only are the colors the perfect palette for fall, but the picture gives me such a haunted autumn feel. It’s one of my favorite book covers still, to date.
➽Which fictional friend group would you trust with a Ouija board?
– Blue, Gansey, Ronan, Adam, Noah, and the rest of the gang at 300 Fox Way! Seriously, The Raven Cycle gang is Ouija board goals!
➽Which book setting would you love to be celebrating in during Halloween night?
– As of now, I would totally choose The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding, because that book has given me the mightiest urge to go to Salem, Massachusetts, for Autumn! The Halloween descriptions in this book are beyond perfection and I honestly can’t think of a better real life setting!
➽Best autumnal food description inside of a story?
– Please, just feed me everything from The Name of the Wind! Stew, fresh bread, apple pie to eat and then wine, cider, and mead to drink! Like, please sign me up for all of this instantly. Also, my life goal is to spend the night at the Waystone Inn anyways, so I’m pretty much killing two birds with one stone for this question!
➽Which fictional character would you dress as?
– I would without a doubt choose Vin from the original Misborn series. Not only is she completely bad ass, I would give close to anything for a mistcloak. I would have to find some mist or fog and do the best mini photoshoot of my entire life. Now I really want to cosplay as this immediately.
➽An antagonist you would pledge your allegiance to?
– I will gladly pledge my heart, soul, mind, body, and allegiance to the Darkling from Shadow and Bone! Best. Villain. Of. All. Time. Don’t @ me.
➽The creepiest book you’ve ever read?
– I probably have to say that Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts is the creepiest thing I’ve ever read, just because the story is ultimately about sex trafficking and I truly loved it. It’s sick and completely twisted, but it’s really well done and is something that I’ve never been able to forget.
➽A book you’ve yet to read but will read this October?
– Without Merit by Colleen Hoover, which releases October 3rd! I know a new adult contemporary romance probably doesn’t sound like the best autumnal pick, but I won’t be able to resist this book upon release AND it does star a family living in an old abandoned church. I mean, that does sound pretty spooky!
➽Which fictional character would you put in charge of the decorations for a Halloween party?
– Without a doubt in my mind, Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter! I mean, for one, she has magic! And secondly, I have the utmost faith in her style and talent to present the Hogwarts themed Halloween party of my dreams!
I hope you all have an amazing season filled with loved ones, happiness, cozy aesthetics, and good books! Happy reading, lovelies!