Hey, friends! Okay, maybe this time of year I just want to do all the transitional seasonal tags, haha! But I was tagged to do this tag by two of my favorites (Amber @ amberinoface & Destiny @ howling libraries) and I literally could not say no! Also, it seemed like a good way to start off the month of October! 🎃
1. CRUNCHING LEAVES: the world is full of color! Choose a book with red/orange/yellow on the cover.
I recently took this picture for bookstagram and I truly could not believe 1.) how gorgeous this book is, but also 2.) how autumnal it! And with the black background? Like, the perfect combination with the reds and yellows and oranges (and greens… shhhh)! Extra big thank you to Stacia for this very beautiful copy of The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin — i love you!
2. COZY SWEATER: it’s finally cool enough for warm cozy clothing! What book gives you the warm fuzzies?
Truly The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune was truly the biggest serotonin booster I’ve experienced while reading all summer. All the heart warming moments, all the constantly warm fuzzies, all the recommendations with my entire soul!
3. FALL STORM: the wind is howling & the rain is pounding. Choose a book that you like to read on a stormy day:
Me, the biggest baby in the world? Me, still not finishing this series? Me, knowing I’m gonna feel brave and read The King of Crows by Libba Bray this month when I’m all alone and most definitely spooked? Yes.
4. COOL CRISP AIR: makes you breathe freely~ Who’s the coolest character you’d want to trade places with?
Oh, without question Greta from The Tea Dragon Tapestry (Tea Dragon #3) by Katie O’Neill! Not only are they the cutest and sweetest and kindest, they are also a little blacksmith apprentice, they have the loveliest family (both blood and found), and they have the cutest little tea dragon!
5. HOT APPLE CIDER: warm autumn drink. What underhyped book do you want to see become the next biggest, hottest thing?
I am literally begging you all to pick up Night Shine by Tessa Gratton! It is the sapphic (and all around extremely queer) fantasy story of all your dreams! I truly think it could be my favorite book of the whole year, and I wish so many more people would pick it up and give it a try!
6. COAT, SCARVES, & MITTENS: the weather has turned cold & it’s time to cover up! What’s a book cover you don’t like?
I’m fully looking away at the vampire fangs on this skull, the typography, the color choices, and half of the stories in the anthology Vampires Never Get Old.
7. PUMPKIN SPICE: What’s your favorite fall comfort food?
I honestly feel like I have been living my best life with autumn comfort food all year this 2020, hahah! But I honestly do love anything with pumpkin! I honestly love anything with caramel too! Also, I truly have such a soft spot for anything with sweet potatoes! And I extra love eating all the soups this time of the year! Oh, and I love stuffing too. Hello, my name is Melanie and I love all the fall comfort foods and flavors.
Okay, friends! There is the tag! I hope you all have an amazing October, truly. And sending you extra love while we get into the start of end of the year things while the world is still in chaos. Also, if you would like to do this tag — please consider yourself tagged! I love you all so much and happy reading! 🍁🍂